Monday, March 10, 2014

Behind the life of a Bully

This is a story of a man I know when I was in 1st year high school. He was a good looking young fellow, very intelligent but naughty. He gets into trouble with almost everyone from students to teachers. Everyone in school either scared of him hated him the teachers couldn't fail him in class because he will always have the highest score in all exams.

One morning I was walking inside our school trying to get into my classroom when I hear girls shouting a name and start falling in tears. "Nathan how dare you!!!you evil man!" she said and sit down holding her face and crying with so much shame because he pull her skirt up to everyone to see.

He was running laughing and so amuse of what he did and try to look for another victim. This goes on and on and no one seems to be able to stop him not even his brother.

After a year we became classmates and I was on his target list he just couldn't get a timing on me for either I am with my elder cousins or with senior friends. When one day during our cleaning schedule out of nowhere he pull my skirt up. I was smart enough to wear shorts underneath my school skirt. 

"Nathan so now are you amuse? do you really think you can bully everyone in this school? why don't you come closer and I will show you how to deal with a person like you who hungers for so much attention." I shouted.

"Really?! you really think you can do something about it, huh." as he walks towards me pushing the chairs our of his way.

Note that this guy is a black belt in taekwando that I am going up against.

I was in so much rage and no one have ever seen me this upset as our classmates trying to stop me in getting into a fight with a boy. At the back of my mind this has to stop someone needs to teach him a lesson.

Oh, yeah I hurt him pretty good I kick his weiner and then punch him in the face. I told him never ever to disrespect any girl ever again. Surprisingly he did not pull anyone's skirts after that. Yes, you will say good for him. But I was curious how he can act like that what is his problem. Many say he is a bully that is why or he wants attention or many more negative things but what is it really?

So, one day I try to befriend him.

After awhile on my persistence in getting his trust he finally open up and there I was able to understand him why he act the way he do.

Our school don't have psychologist or psychiatrist that kind of behaviour many ignore it and think its normal. That is how it is when you live in the rural area of the Philippines.

I found out his father used to hurt his mother, he was a drug addict and a womaniser. To protect his younger brother from the truth he is acting all tough. He was so young when he witness many brutalities and defended his mother from the hands of his father. He had no one to talk to and can trust. He was scared that people will judge him or his mother.

It become a cycle his father was a bully then now he becomes a bully because that is how he thinks he can protect his family and himself. The fear of getting hurt, the anger and many question on why he treated them like this.

He hated the world, he hated god and he hated his father. He was poison by his hatred in his heart.

Sometime bully people needs help and us to see beyond the shield they are putting on. Yes, their bad actions need to be punish but they need more help psychological and emotional.

To put an end into a bully finding out the root of their behaviour and helping them deal with that can cut the cycle and save their life.

No comments:

Post a Comment